Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

We experienced our first school Halloween party at Alli's preschool. It was fun to see the kids dressed up in their costumes. Alli was proud of her pink cat costume made by Grandma. I was in charge of the craft at the party. While I was crafting, Ruby tried to steal cookies from the snack table. She licked some frosting off of the table too. Ick. Luckily there were leftover cookies and she got her very own... which she ate all the frosting off of and left the cookie part. (She does this with PB&J too. Sometimes I think about just giving her a scoop of peanut butter and jelly because she doesn't eat the bread.)
Grandma brought her costume makeup to put the finishing touches on our little pink cats.

Ruby was fascinated by the makeup on Alli's face.


Alli was fascinated too.

Alli is a seasoned trick-or-treater, but tonight was Ruby's first time. She caught on very quickly. Ruby would take the candy and put it in her bag and then reach out for more. She was so cute that she usually got extra candy.
The best part of trick-or-treating is coming home and dumping the candy out on the floor to count and sort the booty. And Daddy was all too pleased to help.
No, the best part about trick-or-treating is trying to figure out how to ration the candy... or just binge so it will be gone soon. (Any advice?)


3 comments:

Alison said...

You got some good mileage out of that cute cat costume! Looks like a good haul on the candy! I gotta get rid of ours too! I'm sorry I have no good advice- I'm 85% sure I'm going to chuck ours all out!

Stephanie said...

We sorted out the chocolate while the kiddies were sleeping last night and put that away for ourselves (they don't appreciate the good stuff anyway.) I put the rest of the candy back in their pumpings and put them on top of the fridge. They get one piece after each meal. We'll see if it works. If it doesn't, then I will probably end up chucking most of it. Yesterday, I felt like I didn't have control of the situation and the candy turned them into little monsters.

Kris Tina said...

My sister does "Witch-a-lina." Her girls pick out ten pieces and Witch-a-lina comes in the middle of the night, takes the candy, and leaves them a little present. They love it.