Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hooray summer!


You can't tell by looking, but the water in Lake Michigan is about 33 degrees.  Not frozen, but definitely not warm!
That didn't stop Alli and Ruby from splashing in the icy water at the beach today.
The gorgeous weather made up for the chilled water.  Sunny 85 degrees.  So lovely!

The sand was soft and warm.  Delightful for rolling in.  The breeze was refreshing.  The sun was so pleasant, like a giant hug from summer.
Oh summer, we missed you so much! 
I know it is not technically summer yet, but I smelled it today (cut grass and sunscreen), and I tasted it (watermelon), and I felt it (warm sand), and I saw it (hello skin at the beach!), and I heard it (giggling girls splashing in the surf... can I call lake waves "surf?").

We are home now.  We are tired.  A load of beach laundry is spinning in the washer.  Alli and Ruby are sun-kissed and sand-crusted.
I love summer. 

1 comments:

stephasauri said...

The beach looks wonderful! I can't get over how grown-up Ruby is looking (or I guess just IS)!