Saturday, February 3, 2007

Rat scare

We have had more than our fair share of scary rat experiences since we have lived in Chicago, and I get really freaked-out about rats. That said, we have been rat-free since July.

I came down to my kitchen this morning only to discover that our leftover cornbread had been nibbled on and the butter had been nibbled on and smeared all over the table.

I immediately felt sick to my stomach. I got out the sanitzer and started cleaning up. I threw away half a pan of cornbread and half a stick of butter. I was so mad.

It turns out that our rodent was Allison. She came downstairs and got a snack for herself while I was in the shower.

That's why the rat put butter on the cornbread, and took the plastic wrap off and rolled it into a ball. The rat was Alli. It all makes sense now.

I am very paranoid, and sad that I wasted all that yummy cornbread.

0 comments: