Sunday, May 18, 2008

Busy, busy week o' fun!

Okay, so I play catch up quite a bit on this blog.  (That was not an apology, just a statement of fact.)

Mothers' Day was wonderful.  Alli's preschool class planned a special breakfast for the moms on the Thursday before M-Day.  Alli made a delicious yogurt-fruit-granola parfait for me.  She also made a fancy card for me with feathers, lace, ribbon, etc.  She performed a few mom-related songs with her preschool (note the variety of socks she is sporting in the picture of her sitting on the step... very festive).  Andy took the girls shopping for a few little things... like sunflowers and chocolate that I do not have to share (very special).  Alli sang with the Primary children at church on Sunday.  This was her first M-Day singing with the kids.  I was quite proud of her performance... she switched between singing loud and whispering.  Ruby took her crayon and wrote a Mothers' Day message for me on the door of the bathroom.  I'm pretty sure it says, "I love my Mom."

cards karyn alli mom breakfast 1 alli crazy socksRuby drawing flowers 

Grandma Utah came to visit us.  Betsy and Lucas are in town too (pictures of them will come soon).  We have spent much time outdoors at the park and zoo.  Ruby and Alli are really into feeding the birds by the pond at the zoo.  It is sort of fun to be surround by so many birds... then again, many of them look sketchy/crazy/dirty (like urban wildlife tends to be) and sometimes they get a little too close.  A goose nipped at Ruby's hand... ending our bird-time abruptly.

alli swing 1 ruby birds 1 Ruby Joyce 1 ruby alli swing

Anyhow, this has been a very busy, fun-filled week.  We are happy to have family visiting, and we are fully enjoying the long awaited warm weather!

0 comments: