Monday, March 2, 2009

blessed

Every time I attend a baby blessing, I am reminded of years ago when we had miscarriages instead of babies.  That was a hard time (major understatement).  It was nearly impossible then to imagine having one baby... let alone the three cuties that we now have.  Baby blessings reminded me then that my arms were empty, and I didn't understand why.  And it hurt.

I still don't understand why we had two late-first-trimester miscarriages before we had Alli, but now with 20/20 hindsight I am thankful for the experiences we had.  Andy and I learned much.  And we grew.  And when I think back to those dark days, I give my babies an extra squeeze.  I am so thankful for my babies... big, medium, and small.  If only I could have known six years ago how full my arms would be!

Yesterday was June's blessing day at church.  My parents and brother Ben came for the occasion.  Andy's parents came too.  Andy's mom made a beautiful dress for June.  It was a beautiful blessing and a beautiful day.  My heart was full.  I have been blessed with a wonderful husband and three beautiful daughters.

Being a mom isn't easy.  This is not a job for the faint of heart.  But I love being a mom.  There is no better work than this.
 
PS- June didn't cry during the blessing.  She didn't spit up or poop on her dress.  Success!





1 comments:

stephasauri said...

We're sad we couldn't be there. It was not a good weekend for traveling.

June looks adorable in her pretty dress! I appreciate your comments on mommyhood. It is definitely easier with full arms!