Thursday, April 16, 2009

Juicy!


Check out this behemoth!  Alli and Ruby were thrilled to feel him wriggling around in their dirty little hands.  The girls played with him for a few minutes, and then we watched him dig a hole and disappear into the rich, moist soil. 

This was the biggest worm I have ever dug out of a garden.  He would have won a blue ribbon at the county fair... if "biggest slimy worm" was a category. 

Does Cook County (a.k.a. Chicago) have a fair?  If so, I would like to go.  I bet it wouldn't be like the county fair where I grew up.

Post edit:  Let me clarify, I did not grow up at a county fair.  I grew up in Portage County.  And there is a fair for the county.  We went almost every year, but I was not raised there. 

Much better.


2 comments:

Alex said...

Wow, that is some worm. I can't imagine anything more fun as a little girl than playing in the dirt and finding worms! Awesome!

stephasauri said...

Mike thinks that is an awesome worm, a great playmate. I, on the other hand, think worms are gross. We've found some big ones in our garden yesterday. Gross!