Sunday, December 6, 2009

going once, going twice...


We are back in Ohio. We are staying with my parents until our house is done. It is getting close. We have a walk-through later this week.
We can't wait to move into our new house!
But in the mean time, we are having fun with family, decorating for Christmas, baking, feeding the ducks... Andy and I went to two auctions last Saturday. Our first auction was a tool auction. Everyone there was dressed in their Carhart gear... we stuck out a bit. They all knew the value of the tools, so there weren't great deals on the things we wanted. The second auction was at the county fairgrounds. There was a lot of junk, but lots of treasures too. I got 12 matching, gorgeous dinner plates for $5! This is the pattern. Oh I just LOVE it!The auction was so much fun! We also got some artwork, an upholstered chair, a table, a vintage tool box, books, a vase, a platter, a 12 complete servings of China, two little rocking chairs, a tiny willow-pattern teacup and saucer... and we spent less than $50!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

your new home is beautiful!

Marissa and Tevita said...

I love those plates... they remind me of Eddie Ross's stuff. :)