Wednesday, February 17, 2010

sugar and spice and trouble


One of June's favorite things to do is climb up on the little rocking chair and stand and sway back and forth. She squeals with delight. It makes me nervous. She also loves to empty laundry baskets... especially ones containing clean, folded laundry. She pulls out one item at a time and tosses it over her head. She is talking more and more.
One of Ruby's favorite things to do is stick a pom pom or rhinestone onto her nose (think Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer). I have many varieties of adhesives, and she knows which ones work best for this. Ruby is into not wear clothes very often. I spend a good part of my day picking up clothes she has taken off, trying to convince her to put something on, wrestling clothes onto her so we can leave the house (I think this may be a sport at county fairs), and my favorite, putting clothes on her while she simultaneously takes them off. (When I was little, I was a panties-only kind of girl for a few years... early years. I sort of get it.) Ruby has a favorite hiding spot in our new house. She swipes snacks from the pantry and hides under the chair in the great room. Very sneaky.
Miss Alli got too much candy for Valentine's day, and she is good at finding excuses to get some... and she is good at just getting into it herself too. Sometimes she shares with Ruby... but I think she shares so Ruby won't tell on her. Nice, huh? Alli loves to take pictures, so downloading the camera is always a treat.

These girls are keeping me busy.

0 comments: