Saturday, September 25, 2010

Woohoo! For real!

I did it!
I ran a marathon this morning!  It was a good experience... kind of in the same way that childbirth is a good experience.  I'm not in a hurry to run another marathon, but I'm glad I did it.  And yes, it hurt.  Still sore actually.
My goal was to finish in 4:30... and I finished in 4:27!  I trained with my sister Janis.  We ran together for about 24 miles.  She beat 4:30 too.  Our brother David ran too.  He finished 7th overall with a time of 2:29:58.  He was thrilled to be under 2:30.  Our brother Dan ran too.  He sort of skipped the training part.  Janis and I passed him around mile 19.  We were all glad that he finished.  My cousin Dawn ran the half marathon.  She finished under two hours. 
I am super-duper tired tonight, so that is all for now.  I'll post pictures later (but not tonight).

WOOHOO!  The marathon is over!

4 comments:

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

A.MAZ.ING!!!!
congrats... watch out for the stairs

Melissa said...

Congratulations Karyn! Great job!

Alison said...

Girl, you are amazing! Great job!

Missy said...

Congrats, Karyn! That is an awesome accomplishment. Especially since you beat your goal! Woo hoo!