Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I think we got it!

Last night it rained.  Poured!  I was worried because this morning we were taking a family picture. 
The kids woke up grumpy and uncooperative.   I had to offer a bribe breakfast... hot oatmeal with a scoop of ice cream.  That helped to get them moving.  I picked out clothes for the girls, and Alli put on sweatpants and a t-shirt (that I
did not pick)... Grandma helped convince her to change.  She put
together a cute ensemble.  I was worried that no one would smile.
We were blessed with great lighting and no rain, though the ground was quite soft.  Andy's sister Betsy is in town, and she is a very talented photographer.  She was kind enough to snap a few pictures of us this morning before Andy had to dash off to work... and before she left to drive back to New York.
We had to set up quickly, the kids were very interested in the swollen stream just a few feet away.  Everything was more interesting than getting pictures taken.  100 clicks of the camera later, and we were done.  It didn't take longer than 10 minutes.
And that was that.
Betsy left the files for me to play with...
 
Ta da!
I love Alli's toothless grin (5 teeth are missing!).  Ruby's legs are crossed in every picture.  Sweet June gave us her best.  All eyes are open.  Everyone is smiling.  This one is golden!

And now, I've got to make the Christmas card!

3 comments:

Alison said...

What a great photo!

Stephanie said...

Very cute picture! It turned out awesome!

Unknown said...

very cute!