Monday, October 17, 2011

Word of the day: Perseverance

Ruby had a helium balloon (always bad news).  She let go of it in the office and it flew up to the one spot of vaulted ceiling in that room, so she couldn't reach the string.  She came and asked me to get it.  I was chopping tomatoes to freeze and my hands were icky... so I told her to wait.  In a few minutes, I came to help, and I found that she had her balloon.  Ruby saw my surprised look and said, "I used some perseverance and got the balloon by myself."
Of course.
I asked her if she knew what that meant.
"It's when you keep trying until you get it."

I was a proud mama.
Later, she took the balloon outside.  Bad news.  It will take a whole lot more perseverance (and an airplane, rocket ship, or the like) to get it now.

0 comments: