Saturday, March 8, 2014

Coming home with Cora

The white board in my hospital room said I would be discharged on Saturday.  But my doctor checked me out on Friday and said I could go home if I wanted to.  
Resting in the hospital isn't very restful.
The good nurses checked on me and Cora frequently... bless them.  But that first night in the hospital was brutal.  They gave Cora some shots, so she was fussy.  And they had meds for me throughout the night.  And they wanted me to feed her every two hours.  Not restful.
So I was very glad at the opportunity to go home sooner.
The girls were expecting us home on Saturday.  We arrived home before they got off the school bus on Friday.
They were so happy to see us... especially Cora!
 They gave her lots of love and attention.
 We are so glad to be home.  Tired.  But so very happy.
And we all slept much better our first night home.

0 comments: