Sunday, March 18, 2007

Let me explain


Ruby has arrived at the bumps and bruises stage, and she arrived with a real BANG! She got her first bruise on her cheek this week.
I am amazed that it took so long to get a bruise considering all of the love that she gets from Alli. And this first bruise actually had nothing to do with her sister.
Ruby pulled herself up on a chair, and then slipped and fell into another chair cheek-first. Her cheek quickly turned purple, and she did not want ice on it.
Andy came home from work and thought she had something dirty on her face, so he tried to rub it off. A few other people (at church, etc) have tried to wash this bruise off. Poor Ruby.
As her mother, I feel the need to explain the bruise to anyone who notices it. We really aren't bad parents. She just slipped.
The injury has not slowed Ruby down at all. She is as happy as can be. She is pulling herself up on furniture and cruising around. Ruby likes to be on the move, so I expect that this is the first of many boo-boos.

1 comments:

Russell and Jillian said...

Karyn! It's so crazy, I found your blog through a girl I went to high school with (Stephanie Stephens Johnson) finding my blog. I went to hers and there was yours!I assume you're still in Chicago? Are you still designing for QK? (my dad never fills me in on stuff:) And you have another baby? That's awesome! Alli has grown a ton. Russell starts law school at the University of Texas in the fall, and we've been in Austin for almost a year now. You can check out our blog at www.russellandjillian.blogspot.com.Good to catch up with you! -Jillian Ruff Romriell