Monday, August 6, 2007

Vampire Books

Many of my friends have been freaking out about Stephanie Meyer's books Twilight and New Moon. So I borrowed them from Chelsey to see what all the hype was about.

The books are about a vampire and a teenage girl and their families and community. (Think Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Veronica Mars combined.) I am generally not into vampire stories, but everyone was obsessing over these books, and Stephanie Meyer is a fellow BYU grad, so I gave in.

I started into the book, skeptical. It was a fun story, but I wasn't overly impressed. I thought the characters weren't being developed well. Then I realized I had started with the second book, not the first. Oops.

I finished the second book. So should I go back and read the first book? Is it worth it?

The third book comes out later this month. (Check out Stephanie's blog for a countdown.)

4 comments:

Alison said...

Yes! You should read the first! I'm actually getting more and more curious about all the hype. I just might have to sneak a peak at this book! Sounds like a quick read too, just what I need! =)

Anonymous said...

No pleasure can come from laboring through a riddle of which you already know the resolution.

To read the last page first, steals the enjoyment of all which come before.

Steph said...

HA HA!!! Of COURSE read the first one!!!!!!!!!! It was the best!

Karyn said...

I am into the first few chapters of Eclipse and now I'm getting it. :)