Thursday, August 23, 2007

good habits


You can't start too young when it comes to teaching kids to help. Just this week Ruby has started sweeping the floors with me. When I make a dust pile, she pushes it around for a few minutes. Ruby has claimed this broom as hers, Alli can't use it without a fuss from Ruby.
Alli is into folding clothes now. She does it a little differently than I do, but I appreciate her help just the same. She also likes matching socks.
Next I'll be teaching Ruby to do dishes, and Alli to make dinner :)

1 comments:

stephasauri said...

Mike and I enjoyed this post a while back. Last night as we lay awake in bed, we were talking about how it will be fun to clean and do chores with the kids when they're big enough and Mike referred to this picture of Ruby. Even though I don't comment very much, Mike and I always check out your posts so we feel like we are right there for all your adventures!