Friday, December 14, 2007

Sugar Cookies

We made dozens of sugar cookies this week. It was (mostly) so much fun. Both Alli and Ruby love to help bake. They took turns mixing the ingredients and cutting out the cookies. They both love cookie dough. Ruby says, "Pinch please!" which means she wants to eat a pinch of dough.

Decorating the cookies was the best part. I glazed the cookies and Alli and Ruby covered them with sprinkles. By the time we were finished, both girls had multi-colored tongues and fingers.

Cookie making is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. My Grandma always made hundreds (maybe even thousands) of cookies every year to give to family and friends and neighbors. My family always made cookies together too. Every year we made cut-out cookies and decorated them as a family. The cookie tradition is one I plan to continue.

1 comments:

Steph said...

I am making mine on Sunday!!! Christmas Sugar cookies are a must!!! I was at the Chopping Block last night and they were selling some really really cute cookie cutters too.