Sunday, May 9, 2010

our week


This was a busy week for us.  Last Monday was our anniversary!  We had a family celebration.  I made a picnic dinner and took it to the temple where we were married (nine years ago!).   We ate our dinner on the lawn behind the temple, then we walked through the gardens surrounding the temple.  The picnic was a fun idea, but I forgot the memory card for the good camera (luckily we had the pocket camera), the kids were too excited to eat dinner so they kept running around and hiding behind bushes, Ruby lost one shoe in the creek that runs nearby (I really liked those sparkly yellow peep-toes... see below)... it wasn't very romantic.
Andy and I celebrated again (without the kids) on Thursday night.  Sushi isn't very romantic (each piece is a big mouthful, and I don't feel very graceful eating it) but it is quite delicious.  And it was a lovely night with just the two of us.
I took the girls to the zoo this week.  We met my sis-in-law and her boys there.  We finally got a peek at the baby elephant.  It has been hiding every time we have been to the zoo so far. It was a hot day, and the kids all had pink cheeks and sweaty hair.  We had to stop for ice cream on our way home.


June must have grown.  She can now reach into my makeup drawer. 



I had one tube of lipstick among all the other stuff... and that is what she found... and rubbed all over her face.

We took the kids to North Market this week.  We bought bread and smoked gouda and some delicious Greek food.
Alli and Ruby had cousins over for a sleepover.  They didn't sleep much.
I finished a dress for June.  
Andy took the girls shopping, and while they were gone I started a small quilt and worked on a few projects.  That was a treat.

Today is Mother's Day!  Andy helped the girls make breakfast for me.  They were so excited for me to eat my breakfast in bed.  And of course they wanted to share it.  I loved the drawings and cards and kisses and songs today.
I am blessed to be a mom.  And I am blessed to have a wonderful mother who has taught me so much about parenting.  And I have a fabulous mother-in-law!  Hooray for moms!

1 comments:

E&LM said...

No big deal about the lost shoe. Did you save the remaining yellow peep toe shoe? Ruby has shown interest in wearing two unmatched shoes. It's a fashion statement!