Wednesday, July 13, 2011

new eyes

I can see clearly now...

without corrective lenses!

While on our trip to Utah, I had PRK (lasers!) done to my eyes.  I was hoping for LASIK, but my cornea's are irregularly shaped, so Dr. Hoopes recommended PRK.
The procedure was quick... actually 15 seconds per eye. 

If you would like to see the procedure, I have a DVD of my eyes getting fixed.  (I haven't watched it yet.)

After the surgery I slept.  All day long.  I woke up to eat and pee and put drops in my eyes. 

Andy flew in to Utah the next day.  He had a ragin' case of pink eye.  I kept my distance, and miraculously, I didn't get it!

I spent several days with dark sunglasses.  Sometimes hats too.  My eyes were thirsty for drops.

One week post surgery, my eyes were 20/30.  Legal to drive.

My vision is still improving.  It takes 4-6 weeks to see the full results from PRK.

For now I am just glad to wake up and see my alarm clock without glasses.



0 comments: