Monday, November 28, 2011

Bread and Butter

This afternoon, I heard the PPPSSSTT of the bus' brakes, and I stepped outside to meet Alli and Ruby as they came home from school.  June sometimes comes outside with me.  Not today.  She was busy.

June was making something for Daddy all by herself.
When I came back inside, the bread was smothered in butter.  Thick.

She knows how to butter up her Daddy.
June was so proud of herself.  And I must say, she did a great job.  She did it neat and pretty even.  So I got the camera...
"Smile."  Click.

And see the shirt she is wearing?  It says "I (heart) Daddy!"  It is her favorite shirt.

Alli and Ruby were interested in June's creation.  June told them it was for her Daddy!  They teased her, which didn't go over well, and I had to put the special slice of bread back on the counter where it couldn't be reached... and I was charged with keeping it safe until Daddy came home.

And, oh was June excited when Daddy came home!

Daddy shared his butter, and we spread it on ten slices of bread... and we had garlic bread with our dinner.

0 comments: