Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Eve with the Mars clan

On Christmas Eve, we loaded up the car and headed up to Brimfield to celebrate with my family.
We always have a big family gathering with my mom's side of the family... plus a bunch of friends and extra relatives.  This year was super exciting because my brother Ben proposed to his girlfriend Hannah... at the family party.
We gathered for a Mars family photo... and Hannah was asked to take the picture.  We were holding letter signs that said, "Merry Christmas!"  The photo countdown came, and at the last moment, the letter signs were flipped to reveal a new message, "Marry me Hannah!"  (Ben was holding the "ME" sign.)
Here is Hannah letting it sink in...
And then Ben got on one knee...

 It was the most romantic family reunion ever.
 And Santa came to the party!  He gave each of the kids a present.
 My cousin Dawn painted nails.  There was a bounce house.  And a movie room.  And a craft table.  And an x-box thingy.
 We know how to party.

Then the Mars clan headed back to my parents' home for our gift exchange.
There are so many of us that we do not all fit in one room.  There were also people in the dining room and foyer.
 You cannot imagine the Christmas chaos... presents being passed around, crinkling paper, excited squeals and lots of laughter...
 Alli got "peppermint coal."  Not sure if that means she was good or bad... maybe some of both.
 Seriously, there is no place to step in my parents' living room on Christmas Eve.  Wall to wall family.
 This year for our sibling gift exchange, we made ornaments for each other.  I made this beauty for my brother David.
 And after all that, we had to make our kids hop back in the van so we could make it home and get them in bed. 
It was a very fun and full day.  I am so glad we can celebrate Christmas with my parents and family!



0 comments: