Friday, December 14, 2012

Pepper!

 
For well over a year, the girls have been dropping not-so-subtle hints that they want a dog.  Ruby leaves dog drawings around the house.  There is one on her bedroom door.  Alli has asked for a dog for every gift-giving occasion.  They always pick library books about dog breeds.  So we have been thinking about getting a puppy for a while. 
Andy has had dogs throughout his childhood.   I have never had a dog  before.  
I researched different breeds and asked advice from lots of friends.  Ultimately, I picked a breed called Chinese Crested and I picked the powder puff variety.  I found a breeder near Cincinnati and when she sent me pictures of the puppies, I was smitten.  
We picked up our puppy last Saturday.  We got to pick between two puppies.  We picked the little girl.  She was spunky and sweet.
After trying out a few names, we settled on Pepper.
 June has been afraid of dogs for a while.  She is not afraid of Pepper.  (And Pepper is not afraid of June.)
June loves that she gets to come home from school and have "alone time" with Pepper.

 Pepper will stay fairly small.  She will get more fluffy.  And hopefully soon, she will be more potty trained!
 She has been very well behaved so far... even with those tempting gifts under the tree.
I had to stop by the school today and drop off something for Ruby, and I took Pepper.  Ruby said it was the best day ever!
I'm glad we got her!

0 comments: