Monday, December 18, 2006

Wisdom and Teeth


My wisdom teeth are gone!
I am a "late bloomer" when it comes to wisdom teeth. They only came in a few years ago, and they were straight, not crowded, just fine. Well, they were fine until I got two cavities in them (my first EVER)! The dentist thought it was time for them to go because they are difficult to maintain, especially once you get a cavity. I nervously scheduled a time to have them pulled. Because I am still breastfeeding Ruby, I could go under general anesthetic, so the procedure was done only with local numbing.

I went to my appointment Thursday afternoon. Andy came home early to watch the girls. I was very tense and nervous in the chair. My mouth was numbed and the teeth came out so quickly! The doctor had the first one in his hand before I knew he had begun. No pain! No problem! The worst part was walking home one block with an ice pack on my face, gauze in my mouth, and not knowing if I was drooling out of my numb mouth. I kind of enjoyed the first few hours of pudding and applesauce only. I had a teensy bit of swelling, but nothing to keep me indoors.

To everyone who has had a bad wisdom teeth experience, sorry.

0 comments: