Saturday, September 1, 2007

Air and Water Show

One of the perks of living in Lincoln Park is the air and water show that happens every August right above us. I'm not really into airplanes (I have many childhood memories of suffering through hours and hours of boring airplane museums), but the show is spectacular.

The choreography of the airplanes is beautiful. The thunder of the engines is thrilling, you can feel the rumble in your chest. The speeds are terrifying.

The sanity of the pilots is questionable, but their skill is undeniable.

I took Alli, Ruby and our neighbor Elijah to watch the practice fly-bys. The kids only enjoyed the show for about half an hour, then they played in the grass. I had fun trying to figure out how to shoot a good picture (it is tough shooting into a bright sky). This picture was one of my favorites. These airplanes were dancing through the sky leaving trails of silvery smoke. Beautiful.

0 comments: