Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ruby, you take the cake!

Can you guess what flavor of cake we made for Ruby's birthday?

ruby alli cake batter 1

The girls "helped" make the cake.  They especially enjoyed licking the chocolate batter off of the beater.

They "helped" with the frosting too.  The lady bug was supposed to be red, Ruby tossed the pot of food dye gel into the sink after I had added about half of the coloring I needed.  Oh well.  Pink ladybugs are very cool too.

ladybug cake

Ruby was so excited to eat her cake... actually, I think she was mostly excited about the butter-cream frosting and candy decorations.  It was too windy for the candles to stay lit, so we just pretended to blow them out.  She didn't mind.

ruby cake 1

Happy Birthday Ruby!  Two years have flown by...

IMG_4974

4 comments:

Steph said...

ADORABLE cake woman! You are amazing!!! Happy birthday Ruby!!! LOVES

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there to have a peice of birthday cake with Ruby. Time has gone by so fast since her first cake in the hospital.
Love to all, Grandma Utah

agnewfamilie said...

you guys are back from utah! hurray!! oh my gosh. i can't believe she's 2!! wow. HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY!! can't wait to see you guys again!

vanessa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! The cake looks fab! It's one step (or two or three) up from the one we made for Amy with SRP! Remember that?

(I'm way behind on my commenting, though I saw the posts a long time ago)