Saturday, July 12, 2008

The 5K

On Thursday, I ran the Bastille Day 5K with a bunch of friends from church. Let me clarify... I ran slowly... quite extremely slow... nearly a walk.
Andy and the girls came to cheer me on. Andy was a bit under the weather (which turned out to be crazy... the weather that is), but he managed to cheer from several points on the course... again, I must have been moving very slowly... and the course went up and down streets in a small neighborhood. What a cute cheering section!

The race started under perfect conditions, clear skies, sunshine, not too hot. By mile 2 it was raining lightly. The rain was pouring for the last quarter mile or so... plus lightning and thunder and high winds.
I ran with some friends: Kristal, Shana, Missy, Ashley, Andrea... and Nicole was there too. Andy didn't get pictures of everyone, but check out the huge crowd, and guess which one is Kristal. Andy thinks the second one is Nicole (apologies if he is wrong). Shana ran and did some cool jazz hands move.

Here are a few pictures of me. In the first one, it looks like I am winning. The second picture isn't my favorite, but you can see the baby bump I've got.

The end of the race was wet. Like cats and dogs. I had to hold my hand over my eyes to block the rain so I could see (I am by the stop sign in this picture). I was glad to see the finish line... and even more glad to step under the giant umbrella we brought.

We walked a few blocks to Kris Tina and Greg's home afterward to dry off and enjoy some fresh-baked-homemade cookies that KT made... while wearing this darling apron.

6 comments:

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

what if i told you it wasn't me... would you take it down.. i look like a wan monster :)

... um yeah,it isn't me.. please remove :)

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

p.s. your cheering section was super cute at that turn! i am sure that put a smile on your face. awesome job running with your cute baby bumb

Karyn said...

I'm sure you meant to say bump. Right? :)

Emily said...

nice work. cute bump. and bumb.

Alison said...

Bravo! very impressive & inspiring!

Alison said...

Thanks for the Bday message! =)