Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Give us a hand!


The bathroom remodel is coming along... slowly, but surely. Last week we finished the tile. This week we moved the vanity into the bathroom.
A working toilet is coming soon! I will miss walking downstairs to the loo at 2:30 every morning. I look forward to the convenience of a bathroom just steps away.
We still have plenty of work to do: install another light, put the trim in, cover the exposed outlets, take the painter's tape down, grout the shower, fill in the gaps by the door, install the new faucet, put the door back on... sigh. We have come a long way, and it finally feels like we are closer to the end of the project than the beginning.
I am looking forward to buying new matching towels and stuff, but I haven't even started to look yet. That will come.

There is still work to be done on the sink too.
(Ruby startled me the other day. She was hiding under the sink, and I jumped when I came into the bathroom and saw something wiggling in the sink. This is a reenactment.)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Lookin' great! I love what you have picked out!

Beth said...

holy freaky little hand coming out of the drain! i am certain i would have jumped at least five feet into the air and screamed. i'm a little jumpy that way. looks great though. i like the cabinets. i am sure it is a bit of trial at deals dealing with construction mess etc etc, but what fun to see the progress and it sure makes you appreciate it when it is done. i am also envious of your having a place to remodel and decorate the way you want. someday... sigh