Tuesday, January 2, 2007

A Downtown Holiday


I thought it would be so much fun to take the girls downtown to see the Christmas decorations. We bundled up and took a bus to the top of Michigan Avenue. Luckily people still had the Christmas spirit and were very accommodating on the bus. I had Ruby in the baby carrier and Alli was in the stroller. We walked down Michigan Avenue. Alli liked watching the enormous crowds of post-holiday shoppers. We walked to State Street to see the fabulous store windows at Macy's (formerly Marshall Field's). By the time we got there, Alli was nearly asleep, Ruby was getting fussy and I was getting tired. The windows this year told the story of Mary Poppins. Alli liked that. We went inside to see the big tree up on the seventh floor in the Walnut Room. Very beautiful. Almost everyone in the restaurant there had holiday sweaters on. Hmm. The girls were quite done at that point. We met Andy at his office and took the bus home together. It was sort of fun, but I imagine it will be more fun when the girls are a little older.

1 comments:

Amy Christine said...

I wish my boys and I could have gone with you guys! We like it here, but really miss Chicago too.

Ben and I are cracking up over Alli playing the organ during church. Hilarious!!