Tuesday, January 2, 2007

More Sunday Hijinks

Last Sunday Alli played a solo on the organ in Sacrament meeting. Before you think we have a child prodigy on our hands, let me finish the story.
Andy was conducting sacrament meeting. I was sitting towards the front of the chapel with Alli and Ruby. Ruby was getting hungry and the meeting was nearly over. The last speaker was wrapping up his talk, so I took Ruby out and sent Allison up to the front to sit with Andy on the stand. As I walked out of the room with Ruby, I pointed Alli towards Andy, and said, "Go sit with Daddy." Andy saw what I was doing and was fine with it.
The rest of my story is hearsay from those who saw what happened. I was blissfully oblivious in the nursing mother's room.
Alli walked up to the stand, but she did not go sit with Andy. Instead, she continued on behind him to the choir section. He figured she was being quiet and the meeting was almost over, so he let her play. She quietly crossed the stand to the organ. She climbed up to the keyboard and pressed down on some keys. A "dramatic" peal came from the organ. The speaker paused. Alli knew she was in trouble. All eyes went to the organ where a little girl sat in a lovely "princess" dress. Her cheeks went red and she tried to get down, but she stepped on the lower pedals. Another moan came from the organ. Andy scooped her up and held her on his lap. She was pretty embarrassed.
When I came out of the mother's room, I was met with, "You won't believe what Alli just did!"
People are beginning to expect entertainment from us every Sunday. (On a related note, we no longer take Cheerios to scarment meeting).



Here is a picture of Alli when she was only 15 months old. She has enjoyed tickling the ivories of a keyboard for a long time now. She will be taking piano lessons someday.

2 comments:

Steph said...

I am sooooo sad I missed that one! That cracks me up just reading about it though. What a cutie!

joyce nicoll said...

Wards are usually looking for an organist. Maybe you have one in the making