Monday, June 18, 2007

Second Tri

The first triathlon just wasn't enough. So we did another one. Betsy, Jory, Adam, me, Kendall, and Jen did the Pleasant Grove Triathlon on June 9th. All of Andy's family was in town, so we had a very large and enthusiastic cheering section.
This was another sprint tri (5K run, 8 mile bike, and 500M swim). The run started on the high school track. I ran with Adam. I didn't want him to pass me, and he probably didn't want me to beat him, so we ran together. I did pass him in the transition. I got on my bike faster. He flew past me on the bike though, and that was that. The swim was the last portion, and it was in a pool. I finished in 1:16:28 in 100th place overall.
Andy and his parents, siblings, aunts and uncles were there to cheer us on. Alli cheered too. Ruby didn't cry. My friend Stephanie and her husband Mike came to watch too (they ended up babysitting Ruby-- Thanks!). It was great having a loud cheering section. They made me run/bike/swim a little faster.
I was only planning on doing one triathlon this summer, and now I have two completed. Training has been fun, so maybe I will have to do another.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam, it seems that someone was very kind to you by picking this picture instead of some others I have seen. ;)

Jenny said...

Karyn, I had no idea you were such an athlete! Let me know when your next one is so I can come cheer you on!
I just finished my 1st half marathon on the 10th of June!!
xoxo