Monday, June 25, 2007

Sibling Rivalry

While in Ohio I ran a 5K race with 80% of my siblings. I was a little nervous because I have siblings on running teams, former state champions, collegiate athletes, etc. They are talented runners. The pressure was on for me.
The course was an out-and-back route, so we passed each other and cheered each other on. Runners nearby were impressed with all of the people I knew. There were nine of us in the race.
I had a good race. I would love to tell you my time, but they told me as I crossed the line and I promptly forgot it. I was pleased though (and a bit surprised at my speediness).
I finished sixth for the Mars family. I'll take that.
My brother David got second place overall. Marissa won it for the women. Ben won for his age group. I got third place in my age group for women. Alli wore my medal all day long. She was very excited about that.


Here we are (L-R): Chris, Marissa, Ben, Daniel "the Shirtless Wonder", Karyn (holding Ruby), Will, David, Janis, and my niece Margaret. We missed Erik (who had an injury) and Emily (far away in Boston).
There really wasn't much sibling rivalry in this race. It was fun to run with my family.

2 comments:

carrie said...

I am serious about this training thing. I would really like to be a runner someday! And seeing this pics is seriously motivating me. You are awesome Karyn!

stephasauri said...

Go Mars kids! That is pretty cool. I think your mom and dad should have done it too! You look super fit in that top picture, but that's probably just because you are!