Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! We celebrated by sleeping in a little, going to the park during the first snow, watching a little bit of the Macy's parade (while I worked out on the elliptical), and shaking the turkey shaker (see above picture). Alli picked five hair bows on Thanksgiving Day and she requested five pigtails to put them in. It was a very festive hairdo, and I regret not having a better picture of it. Ruby sported two pigtails.
I only made one pie (plus crust-leftover apple cinnamon tiny pies). I think this was my best pie crust ever (thanks to Pam's coaching)...this is in the middle of baking, it did get a little more golden than this.

The mixed berry filling was good too.
We had a delicious dinner with our friends, the Malli's. They sent us home with lots of leftovers, so we enjoyed the meal many times over this week.
A tradition from my family is to name three things we are thankful for (usually done before dinner while all tummys growl), so here goes:
1. I am thankful for my family. Alli and Ruby are the best kids ever (sorry everybody else, it's true). Andy is the love of my life. I am blessed to have such wonderful people I can hold close and say "I love you" to everyday.
2. I am thankful for my eyebrows. Not that they are that great, but a friend of ours lost hers to cancer chemo/radiation. I guess what I am really thankful for is my health. But I would really miss my brows if they fell out.
3. I am thankful for music. I love to twirl with my ballerinas or make silly musical instruments or sing songs with them. I love the way it can change the mood, or rev me up. Music is powerful, and I am glad for the music in my life.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that I am able to spend time with you in Chicago. It is truely a blessing I am grateful for. I only wish we were closer so there would be more time together.