Monday, September 1, 2008

hungry?

I will just start by saying I love Andy. He is the butter on my bread and the wasabi/soy sauce on my sushi. Andy is great at many things... and maybe after this post I will write a long post about Andy's awesomeness.
Andy likes to cook. He makes some fantastic dishes... enchiladas, peanut butter-chocolate swirly cookies, he makes delectable sauces and sandwiches... He has some kitchen talent. But sometimes Andy likes to experiment in the kitchen. And his experiments usually begin with the food processor or blender. And sometimes they end big and ugly... and gross... and every dish dirty.


"What is this?" you may ask. Good question.
It started in the blender. Rice and oil in the blender. Andy cooked the pulverized rice and added spice. It went downhill from there. I will spare you the recipe, but let it suffice to say Andy's food-fixing theory is "keep adding stuff." He did eventually give up on this one.
As much as I hate to waste food, this one went straight to the trash.
I am not always a great cook. I remember making some sort of casserole disaster when we were newly married that reduced me to tears.

What is your worst kitchen disaster?


4 comments:

Emily said...

mine usually happen right after thanksgiving. experimental turkey.

Alison said...

I'll never forget the time I tried a new recipe for chocolate christmas cookies....and I used ROTTEN Crisco! I thought they tasted a little funny.

Anonymous said...

I can trace my current better-cook-than-most-guys status to the time I was babysitting in 6th grade. My attempt at making Mac & Cheese for a hungry toddler resulted in tears and permanent scarring. Who knew you were supposed to drain all that water before adding the cheese powder?

Karyn said...

Wow Jed, that is sick.