Thursday, September 18, 2008

project: BATHROOM



The bathroom is pretty much done.  We started the project at the beginning of April... so it is about time, eh?

I love it!  We have so much more storage... and style!  There are hooks for towels!  And a real orchid!  By the way, the orchid is not plugged in, there is a shaver hiding behind it that is plugged in.  I love clean white towels!  I love a clutter-free counter!  The stool used to be purple, but I decoupaged some beautiful aqua and gold shimmery paper to the stool (it is hard to see in the picture).  The stool cover is removable and washable (woo hoo!).

We need to finish the shower.  And hang some more artwork. 

The dust is still settling... and we are envisioning the next project already.  Yikes.



Just for reference, here is the bathroom when we bought the house.  Original 1970's everything!

6 comments:

Elena said...

WOW! I love white towels in the bathroom. How calming. I think I would hide in there if it were my house.

Shana said...

this really does look great. Way to go!

Kris Tina said...

Wow! Awesome - it really looks fantastic - and April well I guess it's finished just in time for the new baby - perfect!

Darcie said...

Congrats! It looks fantastic. We have an old 1970s house as well, and I'm just dying to save up enough for the fix-it projects. I'll have to keep checking your blog for good ideas.

(FYI, so you know who I am... I was roommates with Bonnie Wayne at BYU, and Bonnie is friends with your friend Terica. When I saw the name Karyn as a link on Terica's blog a while back, I had to blurk because Karyn was another friend from the Y. Turns out it wasn't the same Karyn, but I've been a fan of your blog ever since. See, I'm not a weirdo.)

Beth said...

very well done!... in my professional opinion ;)
i like the wall color, what is it? like the mirror too, it really adds a lot.

Karyn said...

The wall color is Behr (Home Depot) Celtic Green... though I would describe it as light gray-green-blue.