Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hospital recap

The hospital stay was lovely.  I must say, Prentice is a fine hospital!  The facilities were deluxe.  The staff was wonderful (special thanks to all of my nurses: Kelly, Donna, Jonna, LaTasha, and Chris and to my midwife Ariel!)  I stayed for two days and got plenty of rest.
Andy brought the girls and Grandma each day for a visit.  Ruby loved my bed... especially the buttons to make it move!  She also enjoyed playing hide-and-seek in my room.  Ruby and Alli brought me some artwork.  This is a drawing of me wearing a crown and holding June with a pillow Alli made for us.

Alli couldn't get enough of June.  She held her for about 45 minutes before June got fussy... and Alli wanted to hold her some more.  Andy got a little rest too... and a tiny bit of work wrapped up. (Did I mention the hospital had a wireless network, internet on the flat screen monitor in front of my bed, and room service-style meals?  Nice.)  Mostly Andy loved on me and June... he even stayed with us one night.

June got lots of love.  LOTS.

June spent much of the hospital stay like this...

or asleep.  Or eating.  Or trying to stuff her fingers into her mouth.  (Lots to do.)
She came home in a vintage-inspired dress with tights (very baggy) and a silk cardigan.  I didn't get a picture of that ensemble.  Oops.  But here she is all bundled and ready to go home.  Her legs did not fill the snow suit, they were bunched up in the suit.  It is hard to believe that she will fill that suit and that carseat... but I know all too well that little girls grow up way too quickly.

And so I am savoring this tiny bundle, freshly delivered to our family... from Heaven, of course.

0 comments: