Friday, June 12, 2009

dear abby

Today was the day.

We had a little lemonade stand to benefit Abby.  We made treats and ice cold lemonade.

And people came!  They were generous.  They gave... and enjoyed chocolate chip cookies, pink-lemonade cupcakes, dirt cakes, and ice-cold lemonade.

Friends and neighbors came.  We were even serenaded by the neighborhood guitar duo.

Alli really wanted to earn a lot of money for Abby.  She made up sales slogans for each treat.

"You'll love the COOKIES"
"Lemonade Lemonade You'll love the lemonade"
"Oh the cupcakes are delicious!"
The sign on the front says, "All money goes to Abby."

Alli was a natural saleswoman!  And she sold lemonade and treats for over three hours!
And she raised over $111 for Abby!

Sweet.


6 comments:

Cheeky Kitchen said...

Oh! I am out of town and so thought I'd sneak a quick peek then email you in the morn. But, how could I wait to send my squeal of Delight?!?!

The pictures are SoSoSo adorable. I cannot begin to tell you what you sweet sale means to me. We might just have to talk over the phone so I can try.

adoringly yours,
Brooke

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

that is awesome!!! sounds like you had great success! wish we lived closer so we could have visited

HeAtHeR* said...

That is so cute! I wish we could've come! Evan would've LOVED it...you did an amazing job! soooo cute!

Pops Stargell said...

That Alli is such a sweetheart. Wish we could've been there to support the fundraiser. Hope all is well for you and Andy and fam.

Missy said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever seen! I'm sorry we missed it. :(

Bonnie said...

What an amazing thing for you and your family to do! Love the slogans!! :) Beautiful cupcakes, too... my mouth is watering!