Thursday, September 3, 2009

Phase II

We survived Phase I of The Move.
Last weekend most of our stuff was hauled to storage and we moved out of our townhouse into a furnished rental. It was an exhausting weekend, but we pushed through with the help of several dear friends.
We closed on our house Monday. It is sold! We are no longer "homeowners."
The rental is just a few blocks from the old place, but it feels like a completely different neighborhood. And I feel like a college student again... only with a husband and three kids... and a higher budget... and a minivan. The mismatched furniture and random assortment of dishes remind me of my college apartments. And the renting vibe has me thinking about carefree college days.
Our new place has a tiny kitchen. Not the smallest I have ever had (our very first apartment was a coach house with mini everything... a 5 gallon water heater, tiny oven, low ceilings).... but I can touch all appliances without moving my feet. Seriously. When the dishwasher is open, I am trapped inside the kitchen.
I do love the back patio and the play room. And the extra bathroom is great. And this is the first time I have had a garage to park in since leaving home. Deluxe!
We are still house hunting. Stay tuned for Phase III.

1 comments:

Alison said...

Glad you were able to get your place sold! We're glad you didn't move to far for now. We'll miss you where ever you end up!