Tuesday, September 29, 2009

two school girls!

On our walk home from school today, Alli said, "Today was GREAT day for two reasons: I saw a girl with the SAME lunchbox as me. And I saw Ruby in the lunchroom."

Alli did see Ruby in the lunchroom because Ruby started preschool on Monday! Ruby was so excited for her first day of school, she wouldn't look at the camera... she was anxiously looking toward her new class.
Ruby loves preschool so far. She is in a Montessori program, so there are children ages 3-6 in her classroom. Ruby has napped at school two days in a row! (Yes, the same Ruby that gave up naps at 18 months!)

Alli is loving kindergarten. She is a fantastic reader. She loves learning and has unquenchable curiosity. She is always asking her teacher for more challenging work. Alli likes to walk Ruby to her classroom and see her during the day... she is good big sister.

Having Ruby in preschool has changed my routine! Before school is very busy: breakfast for everyone and two packed lunches, coats, shoes, clean faces... But after I drop Alli and Ruby off, I am free (June is easy)! I celebrated Ruby's first day of school by taking the train downtown to have lunch with Andy. And shopping is so much easier with one kid! I have been running more. I am getting a lot done.

0 comments: