Thursday, October 1, 2009

Good Hair

There is documentary by Chris Rock opening soon called Good Hair. I am actually pretty interested in seeing this film.

I think my brothers should see it too.

Last weekend, my brothers Dave and Dan ran the Akron Marathon. This was Dan's 3rd marathon. And Dave's millionth (approximately). Not only did they rock the race, they rocked it in style! They sported some new hairdos for the race. (Photo by my dad.) Click here for more on their race... and more hair pictures.

As teens, when it came to hairstyles, my mom let us be creative. She always said that if a hairstyle was the worst thing we did, then she could live with that. Hair always grows out. I chose to be creative in other ways, but these guys sported all kinds of 'dos.

Apparently, it wasn't just a phase. Dave runs many, many races, and he is known for having some easy-to-spot-in-a-crowd hairstyles. Dan has taken hairstyles to a whole n'other level... he has fused his mustache, beard and hair into some sort of head-gear-thingy. If only his eyebrow hairs could reach into his hairline!

I guess you have to have goals for next year.

And my goal for next year is 26.2 miles.


4 comments:

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

dan and dave.. remember those athletes from the olympics... your brothers have much better hairdos

eldonmars said...

26.2 is much more fun when done with style!

Janis Mars Wunderlich said...

Let's do 26.2 next year! Do you want to be my running buddy?! Just please no mohawks!

Emily said...

yea - maybe I'll come along too! akron?