Friday, May 25, 2007

Laundry Season


A prize goes to the first person who can correctly identify the four types of stains that Alli is modeling. (Click on the picture for a larger view.)


I can tell summer is here by the laundry. I am doing lots of laundry (and using lots of Oxi-Clean). As of late, almost every day Alli and Ruby are getting so dirty that they need a mid-day change of clothes. By the day's end, they wear the evidence of a very busy, fun, sticky, summer day from head to toe.
After dinner, they go straight to the tub. The filthy clothes go straight to the washer. The girls splash around the tub until their fingers and toes are wrinkly and pink. They love bath time so much, sometimes I think they get extra dirty to ensure a daily bath.

Our washer and dryer broke last week (just before Mother's Day), and I am so glad to say they are both working again! Summer just wouldn't be the same without them.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I can't really tell from the picture but I'll guess 1) dirt, 2) ketchup, 3) lipstick, and 4) poop. My favorites.

Karyn said...

Those are great staining substances, but only the dirt is right.