Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Ruby the Walker

My baby is starting to walk.
Sigh.
Ruby took her first step mid-April. Since then she has been working hard to master the art of biped mobility. She climbs our stairs to strengthen her legs. She speeds across the patio pushing her hippo as fast as her little legs can go. She hangs onto the table and does squats. She stands and balances for as long as can. Ruby is determined to walk, so she is training hard.
This weekend she started taking several steps at a time without assistance. She gets so excited. Andy does too.
Alli wants to help Ruby walk, but her "help" is more of a deterrent at this point. She is a great cheerleader though. She gets Ruby all fired up.
I am excited for Ruby to walk. She is so proud of each step, and I can't help but love my child's accomplishments. And watching a wobbling infant walk to me just melts my heart.
Ruby's first birthday is coming up. This year has passed in an instant. My baby is walking.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the picture of Ruby I like.