Monday, July 9, 2007

Piggy Tails and a Goose Egg

On Sunday I had Ruby with me during the women's meeting. She does not like to sit still (especially during the third hour of church) and she had escaped my arms to run up the aisle to the front of the classroom.

I was trying to decide which would be a bigger distraction: me chasing after her, or Ruby just walking around. Well, as I was hesitating, she tripped on the leg of a chair and hit her forehead on another chair. There was a collective gasp from all the women in the room.

Then the silent wait for a scream.

But the scream didn't come. Ruby got up and whined a little, but she didn't cry. She wanted to keep going. I could see immediately that she had a purple bump right in the middle of her forehead.

Ruby had her first pig tails hair style on Sunday. It was so darling that I did her hair in pig tails again today. Each little wispy "tail" is only two inches long, and they stick out like tiny fireworks exploding from her head. This style fits her personality: firey, spunky, no-nonsense, adventurous... too stinkin' cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so talented to use those tiny little elastics. Ruby looks so darling!

natasha said...

Karyn-
Your little girls are so cute! What fun you must have with them!
take care,
Natasha