Monday, July 2, 2007

Ruby's Birthday Party

Saturday morning we had a party to celebrate the birthdays of Sam and Ruby.
We combined our efforts, food and friends to have a wonderful little party. We rented a bounce castle. All of the kids bounced around, stopping only for cake. They wore themselves out. Alli was laying on our couch by 6pm (that NEVER happens).

Ruby didn't seem to care too much about the party. She did like playing in the Cozy Coupe car. And she did enjoy the cake.

I made the cake and decorated it. The night before we were at the Williams-Sonoma store and I was tempted to get the cake decorating kit. I didn't get it. I decorated the cake with a zip-lock bag cut in the corner. It worked. (I will get the fancy kit next time.)




3 comments:

stephasauri said...

I love that you used sandwich bags. That's totally my style too, though Darbie is trying to convince me to take cake decorating classes with her, so I'll probably have to invest in the real thing. Or maybe they have a ghetto version of the class where you do amazing things with zip-lock. Good work party lady.

Karyn said...

I would take the zip-lock class. :)

Anonymous said...

I have used the bags for years and it always seems to work.