Sunday, February 3, 2008

Chocolate!

We have this lip on our kitchen floor from a hardwood floor being placed on top of an existing tile floor.  The resulting hump is annoying, but we have gotten used to it for the most part.

Unfortunately (and yet fortunately), the lip prevents Ruby from pushing a chair from the table to the counter, much to her frustration.  This scene is typical...

ruby pushing chair

And in this instance she was pleading, "Chocolate!  Chocolate!  Chocolate!" in a most pathetic and desperate manner.  I cruelly looked on, snapping pictures as her frustration deepened and her hunger for the brown nectar overcame her.  Her mood quickly spiraled down as she tried to shove the chair across the hump with all of her 25-pound-ish might.  Moments later she was on the floor crying, bitter tears flowing down her cheeks.  And the chair wasn't any closer to the counter.  Poor thing.

I asked, "Ruby, do you want some chocolate?"

She instantly perked up and said, "Yes, please."  Tantrum over.

Sometimes I am like that.  Chocolate can do wonders when I am in a bad mood.  (Hmm.  Maybe that's why Andy got me a big box of chocolates for my birthday... and chocolate shower gel/shampoo.)  I do love chocolate... the dark, intense, not-too-sugary kind. 

My girls have the same passion for chocolate.  And they are on to my chocolate-hoarding habits.  Alli keeps reminding me that I should share my box of chocolates.  And she won't take a Hershey chocolate as a replacement.  I have been giving the girls the cheaper box of chocolates left over from a Christmas gift instead... and that is sufficing.  Is it mean of me to keep the good stuff to myself? 

(And I haven't kept ALL of the good chocolate to myself, that is why they want it so bad.)

0 comments: