Thursday, March 6, 2008

Weekly Ketchup

I guess I have a habit of blogging weekly, give or take a few days... and so I have to bring you up to speed on our exciting lives...

alli slumber party

Alli had her first slumber party last weekend at her friend's house.  This was the highlight of her week.  She had a countdown to this party.  She packed for it the day before.  This was a big event.  Alli did great.  She stayed up until 11pm and was up by 7am.  She didn't miss us one bit.  I was glad not to get a 2am phone call.

The next night she had a pizza/movie party with another friend.  This is a girl with a very busy social agenda.

 ruby blocks

Ruby likes to build with blocks.  And she LOVES to destroy block buildings.   Ruby is our little chatterbox.  She says funny things like "Follow me!" and "What you doing?" and "More chocolate please."  She calls Alli's unicorn a "cornicorn."  She picks up new words daily.  Today she said "fart"... she was repeating what Alli said.

sushi

Mmmm.  I went to a cooking class where my friend Mo taught us how to make sushi, miso soup, and potstickers.  A few days later, I made sushi for dinner... sort of sushi... this roll has chicken avocado, cucumber, and red pepper.  It wasn't authentic Japanese sushi, but this is my first attempt all by myself.  Ruby liked the rice.  Alli wouldn't even try it... I think the nori (seaweed wrapper) scared her off.

I started a quilt for the auction at Alli's school.  It is almost done.

I also started another book, The Poisonwood Bible.

It has been a good week.

1 comments:

Steph said...

Very impressed with the sushi! Looks delish to me, I would have eaten it all!!!