Thursday, August 28, 2008

good night... sleep tight

Tonight was a good night... well, it was good after dinner was served, the hour leading up to dinner is the Ugly Hour. No peace in our house. No volume control. So many demands, and only one me... anyhow... somehow dinner was made (okay, it was definitely because the TV held the Wild Things in a motionless stupor for 20 minutes).
I made chicken Parmesan and bow tie pasta and salad. Yum. They ate it up. Not the salad.
Then they needed a bath. Oh, how they love bath time! Alli added too much bubble bath and I had to rinse out teary little eyes. Ruby splashed nearly a tubful of water onto the bathroom floor. It got clean, I guess. After the bath I put Ruby on the potty and asked her to pee. She told me she already peed in the bath. Oops.
Pajama selection is always an exciting part of the night. Alli opted for the silky floral set and Ruby picked the velour Elmo gown. No fighting. Woo hoo.
Choosing jammies got Alli into the groove, and she laid out her outfit for tomorrow too. She sets everything on the floor as if it were on a sleeping life-sized paper doll. Everything exactly where it should be. Hat. Shirt. Skirt. Sparkly shoes. Handbag (with cell phone, etch-a-sketch, and stuffed dog).
Stories. Read mine first. No mine! Just one more. PLEEEEASE!
Prayers... always so sweet.
Sleep.
Ahhh.
Tonight the girls went down without a fight. Victory for me! The long day is melting away and I am looking forward to tomorrow.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Sometimes, especially during pregnancy, bedtime is the best time of the day! They are always so sweet when sleeping! :)

Alison said...

I'm exhausted just reading this! But I can relate...definately! Such weet little girls!