Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Drumroll please...

This morning was the ultrasound. THE ultrasound.

Last night I didn't sleep well... like a kid on Christmas Eve. I was very anxious for a peek into my belly. I couldn't wait to find out the gender of this baby. The ultrasound technician checked all the parts and left the gender part for last.

Let me just say we are committed to pink! It is a girl! We are very excited for another little lady to join our family in about 20 more weeks.



*an interesting sidenote (if the word placenta makes you squeamish, stop here)... my placenta is on the anterior (belly) side which is why finding the heartbeat has been such a trick over and over again. I haven't felt as much action as the other pregnancies... which made me worry a bit. The placenta is cushioning the kicks and movements so it is harder for me to feel at this stage. All is well, it is just a different experience having the placenta in front of my tummy.

9 comments:

terica said...

Like I said on facebook, so you are the one getting all my girls! Just kidding. We are so excited for you guys! You make the cutest girls so just keep having them! I have an anterior placenta too. They had a hard time with my little ones heart beat too. I also popped out so much quicker because that is darn placenta! good luck with the next 20!!!

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

CONGRATS!!!! we are elated for you.. i saw you in a distance last sunday.. you are glowing! not quite glow worm glowing but glowing :)

carrie said...

oh congratulations! 3 girls. That is so fun. They will be such cute friends.

Joy said...

Congrats on 3 girls!!! I can say that 3 is a lot of fun! And, my placenta for Cami & Hayden was anterior, so you will feel lot less kicking, etc, but its totally normal! CONGRATS again...we are so excited for you guys!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! Another girl...you guys are good at making girls :) Poor Andy! :)

Anonymous said...

Congatulations Karen! What a lucky little lady she is to join your famiy. I'm so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Of course, I meant Karyn. My bad :).

Steph said...

I am so stoked for you woman!!!!!!!!!! YEAH! They will be so much fun! Mucho LOVES

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Girls rock!