Wednesday, January 27, 2010

elbow grease

Ruby has a very loose elbow.  It becomes dislocated easily... and often.  On Sunday it happened while trying to get Ruby to put her coat on.  It doesn't take much.  It hurts a little when it pops out, but she doesn't cry about it anymore.  The arm just hangs limp.  This has happened more than a dozen times... I have lost count.
We have learned how to pop her elbow back in.  Pretty easy.  And now that Ruby is getting older, I want her to know how to do it herself.  So yesterday Ruby and Alli and June were going to my sister's house to play, and before they went I reviewed with Ruby what to do if her arm got hurt.
"Take your good arm and turn your thumb out and bend your arm up.  Okay?"
And Ruby said, "Okay.  Now let's try it for real."  And she was serious.
She held out her arm to me and said:
"Now pull REAL HARD!"

I did not pull her arm out.  I was laughing too hard.

3 comments:

Shana said...

That girl is so funny. I love this story!

Heather said...

That darn elbow!! Hey, I have been thinking about you and wanted to check in on you. I am so excited about your new house. It is beautiful!! It looks like you are doing great. Your kids are darling and you are still as creative as ever! :)

stephasauri said...

Ruby is CRAZY! I love her more and more each time I hear her crazy stories!