Friday, January 29, 2010

the great room

Okay friends, there has been a lot of work going on around here, and now I am ready to give you a peak into our great room!

Ta da! (And there is Ruby streaking across the room.)
Andy's mom came to visit. She set up a sweat shop in our kitchen where she sewed some gorgeous drapes for our great room and dining room. She is so talented! Our great room is open to the dining room, kitchen, foyer, the hallway upstairs, and the fancy dining room (which is pretty much empty at this point.)
I recovered our toss pillows with designer fabric samples that I got for cheap at a fabric warehouse sale. I used coordinating, but not matching fabrics. I love how all the pillows turned out. I would make a million more... but Andy thought we had enough.
Here is a view from the upstairs hallway...
We got our coffee table at an auction. The club chair too... and the little side table. And the small rocking chair. All that for about $40! The footstool came from Goodwill. I covered it with some new fabric and it was good-as-new (only much cheaper).

We saved on all of that stuff so we could get the couches from Macy's. I just love them!

Another look at the pillow collection.

The fireplace turns on with a switch! We actually use it!
We bought our entertainment center in Chicago because we needed more storage. It was filled with all sorts of things including the TV, diapers, food, flashlights, games... and in Chicago we kept the miter saw on top of it. Classy. The entertainment center took up our whole living room in Chicago. Now it looks so much smaller! And best of all, the saw is in the basement!!! Woo hoo!!!! And Andy is using to saw to make a built-in bookcase in his office.
There is still work to be done... refinish the coffee table, artwork needs to be put up on the walls, maybe just one more pillow... but I am delighted with our great room!

6 comments:

Alison said...

this is looking so great! I'm loving the colors! The pillows are awesome too! I love it all!

stephasauri said...

I LOVE IT!! The room looks open and wonderful! I love the colors you chose! The pillows look fabulous! Hooray for finding the saw a new home, too!

I thought about you on your birthday and meant to call. I hope you had a great day! This was a big one!!

Vause Family said...

That looks amazing Karyn!

Missy said...

Is that real furniture? And what is that stuff on the floor? CARPET?? You guys have done an awesome job! Can't wait to see more pics of the rest!

Stephanie said...

Your decor is beautiful! I love it all! It was fun to see Andy last week. You guys are great!

Anonymous said...

bend ruby over the arm of that chair and her sexy ass in those panties is mine, reach around as i am fuckingher and fingerfuck her little tight toddlercunt, once they get cumin them they ALWAYS want more