Tuesday, January 19, 2010

getting old

Alli turned six this week.  She got glasses.
Suddenly she looks older and wiser.



She had a rough birthday.  There was a substitute teacher at school.  And a substitute driver on the bus... and he missed our stop.  I saw the bus go by, but the day before I had called the bus office because the bus was ten minutes late.  I didn't want to be the paranoid mom... but after a few minutes I called the bus office.  The kindergarten bus drops off the morning kindergarteners and picks up the afternoon kids in one route.  So Alli had an hour-long bus ride.  I met the bus at the school.  Alli's eyes were all red and puffy.  The driver felt so bad... especially when she told him it was her birthday.  She was relieved to see me.

Alli had a fantastic space-themed birthday party.  We made paper airplanes and decorated them like spaceships and launched them from the balcony to see who could land on the target (a big earth flag).  Grandma Utah painted faces.  We caught shooting stars (tissue paper stars launched from the Elefun game).  This was our biggest birthday party ever... about 15 kids... and we survived.
The computer did not.
On the day of the party, I went into our office and there was a strong electrical smell.  It turns out the motherboard of our main computer bit the dust.  (This happened just before the party, it was not caused by the little party-goers.)

I have pictures to share, but I can't find the cord that goes from the camera to the laptop, so please be patient.

We also got couches this week!  It is good to have a place to sit.  Andy and his dad started building a wall unit in Andy's office.
Life is good here.



1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sorry I'm not the best at leaving comments, but I love reading your blog. (I also love your Glue and Paper blog.) I'm glad you guys are settling into your new house and things are going well for your family! XOXO Steph