Saturday, December 13, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

This week we had snow followed by freezing rain followed by more snow and more cold... which equals a cold, icy wonderland (or whatever you want to call it).  Brrr.
It takes so much longer to leave the house in the wintertime.  I have to bundle layers upon layers on my girls to keep them warm on the walk to preschool.  Sweaters, coats, hats, mittens, legwarmers, boots, scarves, muffs, snow pants... we've got it all!  Check out the newest hats from Grandma Utah!

My favorite Chicago winter gear for myself:  big warm winter boots (not cute, but warm and waterproof),  tights or thermals, mittens (leather/fleece combo... very warm), long down coat (gotta keep the buns warm), scarf and hat (essentials), Andy's fleece vest (my coat won't zip over my belly, so this keeps baby warm).
Speaking of taking a long time to leave the house, the ice coating the car doesn't help either.  I think we will just have to stay in for a while.  (Stay tuned for the cabin fever post!)

1 comments:

Kris Tina said...

Those ladies in those hats look fantastic. Winter won't get them down. Hopefully.